how do I do all this in 6 months?

I'm 12 weeks pregnant with baby #2 and my daughter is still in Pull-ups and wanting to be carried around and at that stage where she wants all of mommys attention.She is 2 1/2..will be 3 when this baby comes and I have no idea how I'm going to potty train her (she has shown no interest whatsoever) break her of being carried around,and get her to play by herself sometimes all in 6 months....anyone have any ideas?? BTW I'm a single mom with no one to really help out with any of this.

s_newton86

Asked by s_newton86 at 4:56 PM on Jul. 4, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Try the three day method, for potty training. My BF's twins showed no interest at all either, and it worked well for them.

My son will be three in August and was trying to pull that whole pick me up thing! I am not PG but just told him no. Or I would say I will carry you this far (a short distance) and then you will walk. That worked for us.

Simon plays well by himself when I set him up with an idea, like start him playing trains.. then walk away. He will play for up to an hour if I get him started on something.
    Simonsmama

Answer by Simonsmama at 5:28 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

• Try being a little tougher on her. I am a single mom too, I am also pregnant and my daughter is still in diapers(she just turned 2). Lilly would love it if I would hold her and play with her all day but I refuse. I don't give her all the attention she wants. As a result she has begun to be more independent and well behaved, she is even trying to use the potty. It might be tough but it will be better for the both of you and the new baby. I am not saying ignore her, just don't give in to her cries. Set aside time when you play with her and let her know that is her time of the day. Work it into her daily routine and she will understand. It is better to break her now, you wont be able to hold her and play with her all the time when the baby comes, that might cause some resentment. Once she is adjusted to her new independence, potty training might become easier. Does she like Elmo? Elmo has a great potty training video called Elmo's Potty Time, Lilly LOVES it.
    Saria87

Answer by Saria87 at 5:52 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

• Contact Parents as Teachers. If they have that program where you are at it makes a world of difference. Also see if there is an early childhood education center, like a Headstart program, where she can not only start learning more she can also start socializing more.
    HeatherTurner

Answer by HeatherTurner at 6:01 PM on Jul. 4, 2008