how do you move on

me and my ex have a son together. we used to live together . i left him in august because he was becoming abusive. so i moved back home with my mom and he went back to his moms. i called him today to see if he was getting our son. i said hey "what you doing" . he said he was on the phone with a friend. i know he was referring to a girl. it just bothers me. i guess im jealous. im still not over him even though we had an unhealthy relationship. i need to move on but its hard. we were together 6 years we only lived together for 5 months. how do i move on and not care that hes talking to other girls.. sometimes it helps when i think about how he used to treat me bad at times i know it sounds kinda stupid but its just how i feel.he took my virginity my first love and first kiss

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• sounds a lot like me

you have to listen to your head when your heart is making the past all pretty and making excuses for his actions, and only looking at the good times. MAKE A LIST of all the crap he did, look at that list when your heart is trying to make things pretty, it is easy to swallow a little bit at a time, easy to make up an excuse for him when only thinking of one bad time or action, but when you look at all the crap at once, it is impossible to swallow that much crap all at once
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 11:06 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• oh girl, this sucks. i'm going though this right now also. i moved out and moved in with my sister, surrounded myself with positive people.... and met a whole new group of friends! we were together almost 9 yrs, and have 2 boys together. i caught him cheating on me with my "bestfriend" and they are now together, and just got a place together. its been a month and a half, and i can honestly say that it no longer bothers me. i found someone 100 times better in almost every way possible. it does get easier, but once you stop moping around and get out and meet people and so stuff you'll be surprised how fast you realize how many better opportunities are out there!!! stay strong, and good luck hun :)
    2callmemom09

Answer by 2callmemom09 at 11:08 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Be strong...give your heart time to heal...It's okay to feel this way. It is totally normal. The best thing you did was get out of that abusive relationship. You should be proud of yourself! Don't concern yourself with any new girls he may date. Take care of yourself and your Son. Let your son grow up in a family where he sees how men should treat women...with respect and love. It is even more difficult because he was your first love. You may not know how a man should treat you. You don't have a lot of relationships to compare this to. Hold out...there are a lot of good men out there. Don't settle for a bad relationship just because you don't want to be alone.
    Brandym3c

Answer by Brandym3c at 12:39 PM on Nov. 10, 2010