Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

My daughter acts weird on her high chair and car seat

Hello.
My daughter has some weid behavior always when she is seated, for exemple on her high chair, car seat, supermarket cart, ect.
She starting moving her legs fast and then she bends her head until she touches the high chair tray or the shopping cart handle, and she stays like this dor a while, sometimes she breaths heavily. But she only does it when she is seated. She even starting doing it when she is seated on the floor, but on the floor she justkeep moving her legs, she doesn't do anything with her head.
It's driving me crazy, I cry a lot when I see it. I took her to a neurologyst but they'd have to have her hospitalized with things on her head for 4 days to see if there is a problem. I just couldn't let they do it to her....
I don't know what to think anymore...

Answer Question
 
silheil

Asked by silheil at 10:45 AM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

Level 2 (4 Credits)
Answers (7)
  • idk... my ds likes to lean back in his high chair too but he just does it to be goofy GL i hope you find out what's going on with her
    josiesmommy00

    Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:54 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

  • I haven't heard of this before, I'm sorry I don't have any advice.
    How old is your daughter? When did she start doing this? Does she respond to you when she is doing this? Can you distract her from it?
    Can you see another specialist who is not a neurologist? A second opinion might tell you something.
    I don't mean to grill you with questions, but more information might help someone recognize what she is doing.
    RedRowan

    Answer by RedRowan at 10:54 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

  • I can't tell you if anything is wrong. I do know that kids do the oddest things. My son is one and sometimes the way he acts scares me a little and sometimes I dont know why he does the things he does. As a mother you know when something it not right. If you want to know the answer I suggest you get it checked. This way if something is wrong it can be helped early if need be. She's young so she wont remember in the future. If you think it;s not that serious then wait it out.
    Jenaiko01

    Answer by Jenaiko01 at 10:55 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

  • sounds like she gets really bored/restless when she sits.
    -MidnightKarma-

    Answer by -MidnightKarma- at 10:58 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

  • Hello.
    Just to give more information. My daughter is 19 months, She starting doing it when she was about one year old, then she sttoped but she just started it again about 2 weeks ago. When she is doing it, if I call her name she looks at me but keep doing it. Sometimes we can distract her, but sometimes no. I will see if I can get a second opinion.
    Thanks for all the responses and advices.
    silheil

    Comment by silheil (original poster) at 11:00 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

  • You might want to ask a neurologist about an EEG. It will measure and record her brain waves. My 5 yr old had one shortly before his 5th birthday. the truly sucky part about it (aside from seeing your child with electrodes all over his/her head) was keeping him up until midnight and then waking him at 4 am and keeping him awake until his test at 1pm. But the test was only for about 2 hrs and it gave us the answers (well 90%) that we need. No anesthesia was needed either (but he did need an MRI of his brain which did, but it gave us the other 10% of answers, so totally worth it.)
    balagan_imma

    Answer by balagan_imma at 11:09 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

  • Good luck, I hope you get some answers
    RedRowan

    Answer by RedRowan at 1:17 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN