labor pains

last night i started having real bad back pain and i started seeing the slimy mucous is this just the beginning of labor pains cause if it is that was not the most pleasant feeling??

babygirl_08

Asked by babygirl_08 at 2:18 PM on Nov. 2, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Depending how far along you are hon,

It could be!

If you feel tight pains moving from your back going towards the front of your tummy then you are indeed having contractions,
    But!!!
    Sometimes, as true labor draws near, Braxton Hicks contractions become relatively painful and strike as often as every ten to 20 minutes, So Time the pains ...when they start and when they stop, and start again ;o)

my labor pains did start in the back and it lasted 2 days before my brain kicked in and said HEY your in labor, hah,
    The slimy stuff could possibly be an infection, OR,
    Your mucus plug, a small amount of thickened mucus that has sealed your cervical canal during the last nine months
    then
    after that..you should have your water breake,
    and thats the signs of labor doll, if your in pain bad pain, call the doc, ;o)
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 2:34 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• I hate to say it but the beginning is the easier part. Labor is just what is sounds like, hard work. It hurts, but that is what makes it so worth it.
    If you are concerned that your labor has started then you should talk to your doctor. But contractions tend to be noticeable even with back labor. I had back labor with my son and my contractions started out 10 minutes apart and within 2 hours they were every 5 minutes. My water didn't break until 30 minutes before my son was born. Every woman labors differently, just as each baby is born differently. Best of luck!!
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 5:38 PM on Nov. 2, 2008