Did she consider it a compliment?!

My mom was staring at me yesterday so I asked her what was up. She replied,"you're always so nice and CLEAN!" What??? Ummm,thanks? Perhaps she's hanging around dirty scroungy people and I'm like a breath of literally fresh air? lol
I hope she meant it like I was nice and neat instead of being in sloppy clothes.
Ever receive a compliment that was just a little,ummm,off?

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 10:48 AM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yes, it is not the same though. Some lady with very tiny ears told me my ears were the right size for my head. I thought wow your ears are tiny. As she showed me how the blue tooth kept falling off her ears. Weird.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 10:51 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Oh for goodness sake. Your mom was loving you and admiring you. Mothers are allowed to do that to adult children take it is for what it is worth.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 11:03 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• LOL! No,I'm not OCD. She's weird like that. Says weird stuff.

Comment by butterflyblue19 (original poster) at 10:51 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Maybe when she was a young mother she felt like she didn't always have enough time to shower and look nice.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:01 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Yeah I've ogtten a few that I stopped and stared at the person and I'm sure they were wondering what the hell was wrong with me, lol. Then it hit me like a ton of bricks and I was like, "OH! Thanks!" lol

I was putting my kids in their carseats yesterday and my SO walked up beside me to get in his seat (I drive my mommy van, lol)... well he stands there which I thought was a little off but it was 'whatever' in my book. Then I go to walk to my side of the van and he starts walking between me and the van and all I could think is, "What the hell is wrong with him? Is he losing his mind?" LMAO... He just wanted to give me a kiss and a hug! *Facepalm*
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 11:09 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Haha, I've been told I smell "so clean"..which is def a compliment, in my opinion. Better than smelling dirty! ;D

The one "off" compliment I've gotten was from an ex (when we were together). He told me "You're so gorgeous that if I put you on Central (the street in my hometown where prostitutes "work"), you'd be rich!" Yeah..sooo not a compliment! And no, I wasn't unfaithful to him, so it wasn't a stab at me being a whore or anything. lol.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 11:14 AM on Nov. 10, 2010