Why is it that I am not enough for him? I love him with all my heart, I go out of my way to make him happy, and I gave him the kids he wanted.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• because he is not enough for hmself and he looks to others (you) to "make" himself happy

you can not make someone happy, sounds like he needs some help in this department - and NO, you can not be the one to help him, he needs to help himself, IF he can, he has to realize this himself, which is extremely difficult because he has to have another do for him because he can not do for himself

sorry, just my opinion from what little was posted in question
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:54 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• did your husband cheat on you, or is he looking for someone else? need more details. just take of yourself first, and stop trying to please your husband all the time.
    canta1980

Answer by canta1980 at 10:57 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• because he has insecurities so deep, that there is nothing out there that can satisfy him. He'll always feel a void within himself & he'll keep trying to fill that void unsuccessfully until he maybe realizes the things in life he took for granted.

It's not you darling. Your DH has his own issues that he needs to work out. Please don't blame yourself for his lack of character.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:08 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I know you're his wife and you've done all you can to make him happy but how long have you been trying to make him happy? I think it's up to him wether or not he's happy and you can't make him happy he has to first make himself happy..If you keep trying to please him so much you won't be happy..Take care of you and your kids 1st it's not your fault he's unhappy you're doing all you can to try to make him happy and if that's not working then maybe you should go see a marriage counseler or maybe he can go see someone..Have you tried asking him why he's not happy?? Letting him know you're there for him is all you can do...GL
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 12:02 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I can hear the pain in your words. I am sorry that you are hurting. I don't know the details, so it's hard to give advice. Have you two talked and discussed the problems in your relationship? What do you mean you are not enough for him? Is he cheating on you? Did he leave you? You do everything to make him happy...but what about you and your children? I think you should go talk to someone...close family member, pastor, marriage/relationship counseler...someone?
    Brandym3c

Answer by Brandym3c at 12:32 PM on Nov. 10, 2010