sahm on assistance

If someone is a SAHM, educated, and more than CAPABLE of working to make a good income- do you think it's wrong of her to suck funds from the system and be a SAHM on medical assistance, WIC etc...

-pw-covenant-

Asked by -pw-covenant- at 10:53 AM on Nov. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• I think she should be allowed to live her life any way she wants as long as she does not break the law, or abuse/neglect her children. It is utterly NONE of my business. I have my own life to worry about and live. No time to spend it judging others.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:57 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• What if it's more cost effective for her to stay at home than to work and spend all her income on daycare?
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 10:59 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Why not. A lot of people are capable of working and live on assistence. Before my son turned 1 I was able to get assistence and stay at home and it was wonderful. I was able to stay home with my child during the most important time of his life and I was able to work but I chose not to. Some moms dont have that choice. If she can good for her.
    Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 11:02 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I don't have that option. I work because my DH makes too much for any type of assistance but too little to live on comfortably
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 11:05 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Eventually they've got to get a job. They can just live off government assistance forever. It's mean to be a helping hand, not a lifestyle.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 11:08 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    mhaney03

Answer by mhaney03 at 11:13 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• It's not my life to live or judge.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:24 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Yawn. Do people never get tired of this issue?
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 12:14 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• sure if its literally that cut and dry its wrong, but odds are you dont know the whole story. maybe the cost of daycare would be to high but moms income would be to much to qualify for assistance so the family is left to struggle and their quality of life drops, or there is an injury you know nothing of, or the child has issues, the list goes on. dont judge unless you know the whole entire story and even then is it really your business??
    tiffanyv123

Answer by tiffanyv123 at 12:23 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I would have to wonder where the dad was and what he was doing to make ends meet? The age of the kids matters as well. If you have 3 kids, none of them in public school full time, any work she gets will go to pay for childcare. That wouldn't help their situation at all. There are many factors to consider.
    mom2queenie2004

Answer by mom2queenie2004 at 1:02 PM on Nov. 10, 2010