Early Miscarriage? adult content

Just a little basic information...
My cycles are usually 5 weeks long (I'm lucky I guess) and very regular. I am a little over three weeks in and started my period last night. I was a little surprised, but not alarmed. However, my menstral cramps last night were horrible and when I woke up this morning, there was a large clot on the toilet paper. It was the length of my middle finger and the width of two of my fingers. It wasn't just a clump of blood, it was thicker and a little more solid. I freaked a bit and hurried out of the bathroom. I realize now that I should have save the toilet paper to show the Dr. {oops!}

My cramps now are around my entire lower abdomen and I feel as though the lower half of my body is going to detatch itself from my upper half. I'm in a lot of pain. I've never had a miscarriage, but am scared that this is what is happening. Any help/info would be greatly appreciated! :)

sarahkaystone

Asked by sarahkaystone at 10:54 AM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Every miscarriage, just like every pregnancy and birth, is different. I think the real test is the heaviness of your bleeding. If it's more than you can comfortably take care of, then you should see a doctor.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:56 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I would be making an appointment to see my doctor
    megclark22

Answer by megclark22 at 10:56 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• It does sound like you're having a miscarriage to me. I'm sorry hon if it's true. If you are, you will get many more clots and I would save them, call your Dr. to see if you should go to the ER and they can look at the clots to tell you if you miscarried. Or they may tell you to wait it out and see if your body miscarries naturally. Call your doctor though, especially in light of the pain and large clots. *hugs*
    JJsMoMMy519

Answer by JJsMoMMy519 at 10:57 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I would be making an appointment to see my doctor asap/
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 6:39 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I would call your doctor.
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 8:25 PM on Nov. 17, 2010