babies and breathing

has anyone had a baby diagnosed with bronchilitis? My daughter is 7 months old and has been diagnosed. the doctor sent her home with a nebulizer with ventolin, saline and flexitide. im a bit worried about using it (with the meds) and then again i'm a bit worried about not using it. so i took her to a chest specialist and he also put her on nebulizer as well as three other medications and told us she needed some injections to ward off asthma( i can't make out the name). He really scared me. the medications are.. zilhromax, ventolin(liquid)prospan. anyone have any experience please share . thank you. i wonder if i should give the treatment with the nebulizer but not the other three prescripts or nothing at all. any way i really just want to hear what you have experienced

Aasiyah

Asked by Aasiyah at 10:56 AM on Nov. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• The zithromax is to fight the infection that is causing the bronchitis. It's an antibiotic. It is usually one large dose, then 5 smaller ones but my kids never had it as an infant, so I don't know how they dose for babies.

Ventolin is an asthma medication. Asthma is a tricky and nasty thing. I am a moderate asthmatic and have been since age 7. I would follow the direction the doctor gave you because it will help baby to breathe properly. trust me, there is not much worse than not being able to get the air you need.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:02 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• oh i also live in Saudi Arabia.. just moved here 6 months ago so that is a concern as well . it's clear to me that the doctors here follow the western model of medicine. i just wonder about the use and effects
    Aasiyah

Comment by Aasiyah (original poster) at 11:03 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I would doo what the DR says...if you question it, try another DR
    mom2queenie2004

Answer by mom2queenie2004 at 1:00 PM on Nov. 10, 2010