Is this type of sushi ok?

I only eat the california rolls and philadelphia rolls when it comes to sushi. They both contain the imitation crab meat. I was just wondering if these two are ok to eat because i really want this.

soon2bmmy

Asked by soon2bmmy at 11:03 AM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Food & Drink

• are you pregnant? if so yes you can.. if your not pregnant.. then I dont understand haha
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 11:04 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I ate those while pregnant because the fish was cooked. It's just the raw stuff you need to stay away from, I think.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:04 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• If you mean while pregnant yes they are fine, I ate them both during my pregnancy!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:04 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Depends. If you trust that they weren't made on the same surface as regular sushi rolls, then yes. Otherwise (cross contamination) I wouldn't.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 11:05 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• hmm....didn't think about the cross contamination, but that is a good point. I will ask if it is.
    soon2bmmy

Comment by soon2bmmy (original poster) at 11:07 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• They are fine to eat...they warn to stay away from the raw fish while pregnant. I did faithfully w/my 1st pregnancy. Not so much w/my 2nd. I ate sushi on occasion and my daughter is happy, healthy and beautiful. I figure there is a whole continent of sushi eatin' folks to the east of us that sushi doesn't seem to affect. =)
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 11:07 AM on Nov. 10, 2010