is it ok to....

get your hair dyed when your pregnant. I have been ttc and im due on this week coming but dont know yet if i am but im preg yet but due to get my hair done tomorrow but not sure of it would cause harm if i am...!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:37 PM on Nov. 2, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• As long as your not drinking the dye solution, I think you'll be alright!
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 2:41 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• My doc said it was fine to get my hair done so long as it was well ventilated and the smell didn't make me sick. You'll be fine :)
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 3:13 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• They haven't been able to prove for sure whether it's safe or not. I avoided it until my third trimester, because most dangerous chemicals are only dangerous in the first trimester, and I figured it was better to do it in the third trimester than when he was out and actually breathing it. Lots of people dye their hair and their babies are fine, so just use your own judgement.
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 3:47 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• i was told not too,its not safe for the baby if u breathe chemicals.i wouldnt do it unless u can be like outside.
    CiffsWife

Answer by CiffsWife at 6:23 PM on Nov. 2, 2008