fun at home crafts for thanksgiving?

i'm usually really creative.. but i'm blanking on this one.. I'm tired of the hand print turkeys and such for the holiday... what are some creative crafts to do with a few 4 yr olds to do for the holiday season??

mfialdrdickhaus

Asked by mfialdrdickhaus at 11:16 AM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I thought of making a rice crispy body for a turkey and making suckers in different colors for the tail. Not sure how well it will work but, it's just an idea.
    Andriya

Answer by Andriya at 11:19 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Cut contruction paper in to a strip that fits around your kiddo's head and let them decorate it with feathers like a Native American headdress. Make a turkey by decorating a paper plate with feathers or markers, then glue a turkey neck, head and legs cut out of paper on to it. Color fruits, cut them out and glue them on to a cornocopia.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 11:21 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• how about a fall wreath? Or "stained glass" pictures. I think you use wax paper and put leaves in between and broken up crayons and iron (with a towel over it). I'm going to do this with my 3.5 yr old
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 12:16 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• u should try the hand turkey...trace their hands on construction paper and cut the hands out...then decorate to look like a turkey...my son loves it! just like the snowflakes made out of coffee filters....kids love that kind of stuff...
    SMALLfry05

Answer by SMALLfry05 at 3:21 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• i hear ya!! if you want that hand print still you can use a pinecone they turn out real cute..this year were making turkey cupcakes and fall leaf prints and a family "thankful 4" turkey..look online there are some great ideas :)
    socalikim

Answer by socalikim at 1:51 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• My son learned the word "cornucopia" in kindergarten this week. Maybe you can make one and fill it with things that you're thankful for.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:00 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Make a thankful tree. Use construction paper to decorate the outside of a vase, place marbles or floral foam in the bottom of the vase. Then put tree twigs in the vase to make a tree. Then cut construction paper leaves & write something you are thankful for each day on a leaf & hang the leaf on the tree w/ a piece of string.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 4:21 PM on Nov. 19, 2010