I want to know if I am making a big deal

I work in the mornings and my mom is currently living with us. She helps me take the kids to school and pick them up(they only go for like 3 hr every day). She has a job in the evenings but since they don't have a lot of work she is kind of on call. Well, last week she didn't work all week. Monday, she went to work and she was going to go on Tuesday and they called her to tell her that they didn't have work for her so she didn't work. But on Tuesday afternoon they called her to ask her if she could come in on Wednesday morning. So, she called me to ask me what do I think. I really think it doesn't make sense to me because I have to work less hours so I can drop and pick my children and she can go to work (I make $2 more than she does). I also have to ask my aunt to come and watch them because I have a night class. She doesn't want to say she can't go because she thinks they might not call her again. Am I making a big deal?

bratgirln1

Asked by bratgirln1 at 11:17 AM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Money & Work

• your mom needs the money, right? I'd say you need to be flexible and have a back up provider
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 11:20 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• i would say ur not making a big deal but i think it would be good for her to go to work wed. cuz im sure she could use the money, and if she helps out with ur bills it would be good :) but then again u would have to miss work...idk girl i think u should let her go
    Tiffany_Rivera_

Answer by Tiffany_Rivera_ at 11:20 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• My only question is where are all the dads, grampas and uncles in this? Everyone can help, not just the females.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 11:27 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• how did you take care of the kids before your mom lived with you?
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 11:28 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I think your mom is right. In today's economy, you keep the job you have no matter what. She's probably just paranoid that if she says no they'll fire here.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:28 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Apparantly she helps you every single day. I think you should help her out at least once.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 11:39 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• If your mother has a job and committment elsewhere, it's unfair of you to expect her to be at your beck and call. Do you support your mother financially? If you don't, you can't expect her to give up her bread and butter for your needs. HIRE A SITTER AND PAY ONE!
    romanceparty4u

Answer by romanceparty4u at 12:40 PM on Nov. 10, 2010