Cant shake depression

I don't really remember when I started feeling this way again, but I felt like this throughout the whole time I was pregnant with my daughter, who is now 20 month. Just after I had my son who is 7 months, I felt normal but now I'm feeling very depressed and I'm not only not sure why but I don't know how to stop it. I've been exercising, sleeping and eating better. I only seem to see the downside and I feel like everything anyone says to me is analytical, judgemental and critical. I am a SAHM, I just moved in September which I thought would help, but didn't. Sometimes I feel like I never have any fun, I'm only 20 years old but I feel like my husband just picked up with me where he left off with his ex wife, and I feel like we never went through the "fun" phase of our relationship, and I know I've been thinking of that a lot too, but idk that that is what is causing it because I convince myself that that's not the case alot

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Health

• Postpartum depression can strike for up to a year after you give birth.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 11:21 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Get help! Therapy and/or medicine. You don't have to feel this way. Help is out there. Believe me. I scraped rock bottom of depression just a few months ago. I'm not out of the woods yet, but I finally feel like a functioning human being instead of a zombie with no purpose. I sought help, went on meds, see a therapist and I have the confidence to get out of the house. For the first time in 5 years, I will be working. 3 months ago I could barely get out of bed.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:22 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• (((hugs)))
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 11:23 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• To move into different phases of your life you have to have closure with the last stage, crazy as that seems. Right now your stuck between the two stages of being adolescents (kinda sorta)&being a responsible adult.2 children by twenty is a lot of adult responsibility. Hormones does plays a huge contributing factor. I agree with the above posts, you need to make a plan to help make yourself feel better. An herbal supplement you can take is Red Clover, it helps to naturally bring your hormone levels up so you feel better emotionally. Then decide what you need to do for you&your children not a man. The man will follow but in a health way. This guy doesnt sound like a healthy relationship&your carrying that around with you. thats a downer all by itself. Hes using you as a filler not a mate. Big difference. Good Luck sweetie, feel better.
    lacyjones

Answer by lacyjones at 11:41 AM on Nov. 10, 2010