when did you get your first sonogram adult content

I'm 7 wks pregnant and don't have an app yet my doctor has to make one for me, did you hear the heart beat? I'm getting kinda emotional I wanna hear my babys heart and make sure everything is ok :(

bxmommy2be

Asked by bxmommy2be at 11:20 AM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I was soooo anxious to hear a heartbeat and to see my little one. I got my first one at 8 1/2 weeks. You are almost there =)
    NewMommie333

Answer by NewMommie333 at 11:23 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• the first sonogram you usually get at 12 weeks and then the gender reading at 20 weeks. they only give you one sooner if 1) their office has one and it's their routine at every appointment (which is hard to find, but my friend was able to see her baby at every visit), or 2) if something is wrong and/or you don't know your due date so they do a dating ultrasound.
    SweetPieMama24

Answer by SweetPieMama24 at 11:26 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Omg 12 wks that's such a long time
    bxmommy2be

Comment by bxmommy2be (original poster) at 11:30 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• When I went to PP to inquire about terminating the pregnancy. I ended up being about 8 weeks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I was 6 weeks for my first sonogram. But didn't get to hear the baby's heartbeat til 12 weeks.
    bcbmami

Answer by bcbmami at 2:59 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• 12 weeks isn't long. remember, you have to go thru this pregnancy for 40 weeks!
    SweetPieMama24

Answer by SweetPieMama24 at 3:16 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• 8 weeks for me, we only saw the heartbeat tho. I invested in a fetal heart monitor and have been listening since 9wks :)
    MeAndLo

Answer by MeAndLo at 3:27 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• for my first, i had an ultrasound at 18 weeks. for my 2nd, i had an ultrasound at 22 weeks. you don't need an ultrasound to hear the baby's heart beat, that can be heard with fetoscope or doppler, but 7 weeks is too early to hear the heart beat like that :)
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 4:03 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• LOL...I was 19 weeks. And no more until I was 7 or 8 months.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:47 PM on Nov. 10, 2010