If you use a Menstrual Cup... - Repost! adult content

I CAN NOT USE Disposable pads & tampons, I'm allergic... I fully switched over to a menstrual cup (Diva Cup) after my last child. I am pregnant again and due in Dec. I checked the website, which said to talk to your doctor about using the cup during PP. So, yesterday I asked my doctor if I could wear one rather than going back to disposable pads for those 6 weeks which will cause me an infection - BUT, she had never heard of a cup, so she didn't know what to tell me...

IF you use a cup, did you use it through PP? And where there any issues or concerns?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 11:26 AM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Health

• I do use them but never tried when pregnant sorry
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 11:27 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I bought mine after my daughter was born, so I don't know.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 11:29 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• That's my problem, I switched after my last son was born, but now I'm due in Dec and need to know if it's okay to use for PP... I really don't want to put the money in to the PP cloth pads, cause I don't have it... But seeing how my doctor had never even heard of a cup, she couldn't give me any advice.

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 11:32 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• How bizarre that your doc had never heard of the menstrual cup. Anyway... I did not use it after having a baby. I was so sore and tender down there that I didn't want to interrupt the healing process. And then when I finally was feeling less sore, most of my bleeding was over, so I just used a pantyliner.

I would ask your doc to look into it for you and see what they can find out about it.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:40 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I've used a menstrual cup off and on for the last few years and I would say no to using it for the first six weeks after delivery. I would consider it the same as the doctor saying no sex or tampons for six weeks. However in your situation I'm not sure. I would think you'd be too tender at first to use a cup if you have a vaginal delivery, maybe not if you have a c-section. I've seen some natural pads out there too, I guess those bother you as well?
    twinmama2five

Answer by twinmama2five at 11:49 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I use cloth liners along with my cup, but I just don't have the money to get the PP set which is gonna run be about $150, and I'll only need it for 6 weeks... But if I use Always or something I always end up with "Pad rash" or similar allergic reactions because of all the chemicals...

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 12:03 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Yes, I can see that is very expensive. Unfortunately I don't know what else you can do. I hope you find another solution, good luck!
    twinmama2five

Answer by twinmama2five at 12:35 PM on Nov. 10, 2010