my 2 yr olds behavior

just keeps getting worse im sick of it!!!!!!! he screams when we r out so me and his dad dont take him grocery shopping, hes always backtalking and refusing to listen, hes so indecsive! he cant ever make up his mind about what he wants to watch. hes always mssig witht the dvd player and dvds and hes so tall he can reach them wherever i put them help me plz?? im seriouslly wanting to call supernanny

Tiffany_Rivera_

Asked by Tiffany_Rivera_ at 11:26 AM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Stop giving him the upper hand, Give him 2 choices if any and no more on dvd choices. If he gets upset place him in time out until he can listen and make a choice. If he acts out in the store, put him in time out in the store. I have done it and it's not so bad :).
    Andriya

Answer by Andriya at 11:32 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• twos are tough but you need to be firm and consistant.Don't give him more than two choice so its easier--this dvd or this if he changes his mind tell him no you chose watch this or nothing --it may seem mean but you can't have a out of control 2 yr old they turn into horrible teenagers fast
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 11:35 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• i count to three. for example, if i want her to get off the floor in the middle of the super market, i say " i am counting to three if you are not off the floor then i am going to leave and you will be all by your self. one, two, three..." if she's not off the floor i start to move. i hardly ever get more then five foot steps away before she's up off the floor and walking beside me. if i do get to ten foot steps and for some reason she's still on the floor, i have daddy or me take her to the car and she and the person sit there for say three minutes. once she says she's sorry we go back in. i have only had to take her to the car once. show him who's boss. don't argue with him, that only makes it worse. good luck!!
    katie201005

Answer by katie201005 at 12:43 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Well my son's son put a peanut butter sandwich in the DVD.at 2 and the other son wanted to eat the dog's food and would continually take the food away from the dog. Rarely does the terrible 2's last through age 3 but then that's the why stage. Why should he do what you want and how does this work I'll take it apart or flush it down the toilet just to watch the water swirl. And if you are potty training, good luck. It does pass and if you have done everything half-way right, its ends around 21 to 25 yrs. Life is so much fun with kids.
    depressedmom65

Answer by depressedmom65 at 5:11 PM on Nov. 10, 2010