When your parents had the talk with you, what did they say that helped you the most?

My SD made a comment about the pregnant girls at my school when I was a teen. He said that it was sad that the boys dump the girl most of the time. WOW. That helped me realize the reality of it all.

2tinyhineys

Asked by 2tinyhineys at 11:28 AM on Nov. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• My mom just told me not to do it as a teen, that no matter what I thought at the time, I'd regret it. She was right. I am glad I NEVER did that with my HS BF, for yeah I would have regretted it.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 12:25 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• "No freedom for 18 looong years" bwahhahahaha. j/k

I made that decision on my own to be careful.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 11:29 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• My Mom is a nutso and actually was pressuring me to have a baby at 14. I knew about the birds and the bees in kindergarten. She left NOTHING in the dark. I never ended up a pregnant teen.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 11:31 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• My mom didnt have the talk with me. I ended up a pregnant teenager. Anything whould have been better than that.
    canthaveboys1

Answer by canthaveboys1 at 11:30 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• ummm my parents didnt talk to me at all my mom gave me christian based books on the topic of sex... Didnt help a bit. i didnt even know what hole the man part went into until i was 18 and lost my virginity... some ppl say its lame but oh well.. lol
    jtaylor87

Answer by jtaylor87 at 11:32 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• My mom had the talk with me many times and i got pregnant for the first time when i was 17
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 11:32 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• My "talk" consisted of "Do you know how to have sex?" That was it... No real talk! No advice...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:34 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• My parents didn't talk with me....I talked with one of my daughters but the other wouldn't allow the conversation.....I gave them both books to read....one was open with talking to me, the other was not.....my oldest eloped at 18, and the other still lives at home and has only been on one date....
    Anonymous

• My mom went off on a rant about how men were garden hoses and women were holes in the ground that had a "baby seed" in them... and the man had to stick the water hose in the hole in the ground to water the baby seed so it could grow.... I'll never forget that....
    momof2redhedz

Answer by momof2redhedz at 1:28 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• My parents never said a thing about anything. Mom gave me a booklet to read when I bled the first time. I was raised on a farm and I guess they figured I knew all there was from watching the animals. I certainly helped with enough deliveries. I watched my father turn a colt around inside it's mother because its legs popped out first and he wanted the head. Trust me That's enough to scared the hell out of you.
    depressedmom65

Answer by depressedmom65 at 4:57 PM on Nov. 10, 2010