Do you have that one friendship.... ?

.... where it's always you that gives and gives and gives? You never complain about it, you just are that type of friend because that's who you are. But then when the pattern of you giving and giving ceases a bit because of ... I don't know... your LIFE!, this friend throws a fit about all these fake "friends" in their life and blah blah blah blah! Oh and the fit is thrown on public social networking sites. That person's feelings aren't brought to your attention. Dontcha just love that?

mz_erica03

Asked by mz_erica03 at 11:35 AM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• That doesn't sound like a friendship to me. It sounds more like you are a doormat, and she is wiping all the shit off her feet all over you! Maybe it's time for you to re-assess the friendship and stop the insanity! Let her vent, you know what the truth is, and everybody you know knows what the truth is, and that is all that matters. She sounds like a spoiled brat, do you have room in your life for that?
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 12:21 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I am that kind of friend, but my friends reciprocate.

Answer by older at 11:43 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• No, not really...life gets busy. Days, weeks even years can go by...but your real friends understand and accept you for who you are. In youth maybe friendships start out that way, but as you get older (and everyone gets busy with their own families and/or work) you understand. That's why I love those social networking sites. It only takes a second you say Hi. I think you should be more concerned with the fact that you feel you are the one who "gives and gives and gives" and get nothing in return. Is that a real friendship?
    Brandym3c

Answer by Brandym3c at 12:10 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• yes
    deevega

Answer by deevega at 12:36 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• My sister is like that. She is 14 years older than me, has been married to the same man for 18 years, and has 2 kids, but she depends on me for everything. She is a big overspender, becuase she feels the need to try to "keep up with the jones" but that puts them in financial hardship, so she works basically 3 jobs and he husband has a very demanding job as well. So, she uses me to pick up her kids, take them to soccer, football, boy scouts, youth, ect. Well now that I'm pregnant and on bed rest, I can't do that anymore, so now I'm juist awful and lazy and "taking advantage of my pregnancy". Sometimes you just can't win..
    Erin_Jus

Answer by Erin_Jus at 12:57 PM on Nov. 10, 2010