Hormones..UGH!

I have PMS. Things are pushing my buttons easier than normal the last 2 days. Yesterday was a long series of minor irritations that made for a not-so-great day (spilling my coffe twice, my sweater tearing, kids whining/fighting). I took our Scout den on a tour after work (the boys were a little crazy), my daughter (who begged to go) was whining that she hated it, I went grocery shopping after driving nearly an hour to drop off 1 of the boys, & then went home to make dinner. I told my SO I had a bad day & when he asked if he could help, I said yes. I said do anything, everything, something! He helped, a little, then sat on the couch.

This a.m. I got the kids breakfast, he helped a little, & he made coffee. I'm trying to get them out the door to school & me to work, and he was on the computer. I'm annoyed. I know I'm emotional, I need help calming down 'cause he's a great guy, and I'm just irrational right now.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• coffee and quiet time -- those are the only things (other than getting the whole menstruation thing out of the way) that work for me!
    evilstepmother1

Answer by evilstepmother1 at 11:44 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• A long warm bubble bath. It always helps me calm down. My hormones are extreme now because of my pregnancy so I flip out over everything. I just soak with some music and sometimes candles & it helps me. Quiet time with the honey helps me calm down sometimes too.
    Dark-N-Prego

Answer by Dark-N-Prego at 11:48 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I have the coffee (that spilled on me, my car and my son's karate uniform this morning-what is with me and coffee?), but no quiet time :(, I'm at work. I have to leave soon for an early lunch to help with my son's classroom art lit project. I detest baths, but that sounds nice. I wish I could go home and take one, maybe tonight : ) Oh wait, there's laundry to do, floors to clean, bathrooms to clean....
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:59 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I understand completely! If you get a good answer...let me know!! :) Good luck
    Brandym3c

Answer by Brandym3c at 12:04 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Honey, get some b-complex and take it, there are also vitamins that are made for women to help with this very thing! I used to have to work with the public, and the guys I worked with would see it coming and send one of the shop boys to the drug store to get me some PMS medicine! It really worked, and probably saved them a bunch of money from lawsuits that would have come after I went Postal on some of the stupid people!
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 12:18 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I would grab some chocolate to go with that coffee, forget the laundry, housework will be there the next day too. I do the same thing. I know I get emotional, cranky, and generally hard to be arround at that time. Just find yourself a quiet "me" place and let the rest go for a night..or two! It will all be there tomorrow or if you cross your fingers..lol..the rest will take care of it.
    Alamama

Answer by Alamama at 12:18 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• LOL MamaAlice...it's hard not to go postal on stupid people! Mmmm....chocolate....I'm actually feeling a little better now, a little calmer. I had a huge urge to tell my SO to get off the *&$% computer and help me, but I'm glad I didn't : )
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:24 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• ooh yuck
    deevega

Answer by deevega at 12:36 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I was having one of those days a few days back (pregnancy hormones..CRAZY THINGS!!) and someone suggested to me taking a quiet moment and enjoyng some chocolate icecream. I called my husband and told him on his way home stop and get me some plain chocolate icecream..I must admit..it was heaven! I felt so much better after that. Maybe ou should try it too.
    Erin_Jus

Answer by Erin_Jus at 12:53 PM on Nov. 10, 2010