American Airlines Pilots in Revolt Against the TSA. http://www.sott.net/articles/show/217561-American-Airlines-Pilots-in-Revolt-Against-the-TSA

This is a letter from Captain Dave Bates, the president of the Allied Pilots Association, which represents 11,000 American Airlines pilots, to his members, in which he calls on pilots to refuse back-scatter screening and demand private pat-downs from TSA officers. Bates's argument is multifaceted and extremely cogent. He worries about "increased exposure to radiation" of course (a big worry among commercial pilots)

gammie

Asked by gammie at 11:43 AM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• You know, someone described the "pat down" as something close to being molested, being "felt up", groped in private places. I don't know which is worse. I am hoping her description of the "pat down" is wrong.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 12:03 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Also you can call law enforcement officer if you feel that you or your child where inappropriately touched!

or they can call one on me after I handle the person that does this

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 12:18 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• My husband has to have a pat down because he has a pacemaker implanted. We travel quite a bit. They usually use the backs of their hands. It has to be a same sex person that does it. He said he has never had an inappropriate touch. He never wears bulky clothing to make it easier. I will opt for this.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 12:39 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I have a problem with both. The new pat down guidelines just became effective. They involve the touching of genitalia and breasts (checking underneath). The pat down for children is the same as for adults. You can google the procedure. If this was done someone else it would be considered a sexual assault. I hope you all will look into it and make a complaint with your legislators. X-raying and patting us down isn't going to catch a terrorist.

I don't know why they arent' using more dogs. I read a really good article a few months ago about just how much dogs can find. It is a lot!
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:22 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• The AIT machines provide operators with an image of your body, exposing deformities and genitalia, revealing what is beneath your clothing. To identify a passenger's surgery scars or to discern whether a woman is on her menstrual cycle or not.

Why are they doing this?? for a false sense of security, the machines do not detect 'metal or explosives'.

Instead we are exposing our families to health risks. Backscatter X-ray machines use ionizing radiation, a cumulative, known health hazard, for imaging, Children, pregnant women, and those with defective DNA repair mutations are considered to especially susceptible to DNA Damage.
    Several University of California , San Francisco faculty member, in a letter of concern, state "there is good reason to believe that these scanner will increase the risk of cancer to children and other vulnerable populations.
    gammie

Comment by gammie (original poster) at 11:59 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Opt out for a pat down. YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO SAY "I opt out"

I will not go thought that X-ray machine!! I will opt out!
    gammie

Comment by gammie (original poster) at 12:01 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• If you feel like your are being groped than you can report it! that is wrong.
    gammie

Comment by gammie (original poster) at 12:08 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Should you wish to file a complaint, consider:
    TSA: Request a complaint form at the checkpoint from a supervisor

ACLU https://secre.aclu.org/site/SPageServer?pagenmane+watchlist_survey

EPIC https"//epic.org/bodyscanner/incident_report
    gammie

Comment by gammie (original poster) at 12:12 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

gammie

Comment by gammie (original poster) at 12:14 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I'm not sure what to think of all this.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 1:15 PM on Nov. 10, 2010