Is it wrong to express interest in someone...

...if my divorce is not final. I've been separated for awhile, but my divorce is not final. Would it be wrong to let someone know I'm interested in "hanging out'?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• Do you thing girl.
    Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 11:48 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• No, not wrong.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 11:48 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• if you intend on following through with the divorce i think it's fine.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 11:48 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Not at all
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 11:48 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• only you know if your ready--if you are go for it
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 11:48 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I was engaged before my divorce was final. My ex-husband and I simply lagged on filing for divorce so we were already not living together and engaged to others for like 4 years before we finally got officially divorced. So, I don't see an issue.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 11:48 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• No way, the divorce is on it's way, go for it. If you weren't in the process of a divorce, it'd be a different story. There's nothing wrong with just hanging out though!
    Dark-N-Prego

Answer by Dark-N-Prego at 11:49 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• How much longer will it be until your divorce is final? You can wait for the hearing or you can go sign the papers and expedite it and it be over quicker if everyone is in agreement. Otherwise, in my opinion, your married until your divorced. If that person is interested they will still be there when your no longer married.
    lacyjones

Answer by lacyjones at 11:57 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• There is nothing wrong with "hanging out" with someone. Just be sure to give yourself time to heal after your divorce. Ending a marriage is a painful thing (I guess it might depend on how long you have been separated) My ex husband and I were separated for years, so I don't see an issue as long as you are not rushing into a new relationship before you are healed from the previous one.
    Brandym3c

Answer by Brandym3c at 12:01 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• According to my lawyer, it isn't wrong at all. You're legally separated, marriage is not getting back together. Do what makes you happy.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 12:28 PM on Nov. 10, 2010