Help! my baby has learned to throw fits.....

My son is about 6 weeks old. He haas learned to throw HORRIBLE tantrums! H e wants me to hold him non-stop, and me only. I have to burp him in the middle of feedings because he is a little guy, when I take the bottle out of his mouth he screams a blood curddling scream the times. He will cry super hard like he is hurt and as soon as I pick him up he stops completely and I swear he smiles a little. I can't get anything done. My husband actually told me that I am slacking as a wife because I can't keep the house spotless and the laundry done. This is tearing my marriage apart and I don't know what to do. I am so tired and baby won't let me sleep at night. What do I do?? How can I get my sons fits undercontrol? If you have any suggestions please help.

Conley639

Asked by Conley639 at 11:49 AM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• As far as the baby is concerned, i think that its something kids just go through.
    As far as your husband is concerned though...if he's that upset about the housework, hand him the baby while he screams and then you can go do dishes. He'll either learn to shut up or do it himself! I'm sorry, that was very wrong of him to say, especially when you have such a young baby! He needs to get off his pompous butt and learn that BEING A PARENT IS NOT THE SAME AS BEING CHILDLESS. THINGS WILL CHANGE!
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 11:53 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• First, your husband is being an ass.

Second, have you tried wearing your child in something like a wrap or Ergo? You should be able to clean and do other stuff that way.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 11:53 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• i know how you feel my 7month old learned to do the same thing and the best thing is to let him throw the fit for about 5 min check on him if he is not hungry or wet or hurt he will be fine. my mom told me to check after 20 min and the docs told me if they do it for 2 hrs even if you pick them up go to the er. but it sounds like he just needs to learn. as for your hubby all you can do is what you are doing and that is taking care of the baby. now i learned to do things when the baby slept like dishes and vacuming and cleaning the bath. the laundry you can put the baby in the car seat and set it on the dryer. or do it on the week end when hubby is home and can help with laundry and the baby.
    puresouthern

Answer by puresouthern at 2:00 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• well i would say your husband needs to man up and be a dad for one and not just think about his self think about what you and baby are going through and two sawddle him show him love and comfort and get a snuggie to hold him in to carry him around in so u can the house bit your husband wants you to be other than that . thats all i got
    mindy21

Answer by mindy21 at 12:18 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I live by swaddleing...lol I follow the S's Swaddle, Shhhoosh, Sucking, Side, and Swing. They worked wonders for a while, but as soon as he gets put down, we start all over again. I do have a carrier but he is too little for it now...i am hoping he can use it in the next couple of weeks. We may just have to brave it out for a while. Thank you all for the support. Maybe I will start getting it at home soon...lol
    Conley639

Comment by Conley639 (original poster) at 12:25 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I only wish my husband would say that to me....it would be the last day I touched a darn thing in my house.

As for the baby, he is not throwing tantrums. He is only 6 weeks old....he is searching for the security of you. He was in your tummy, hearing you talk, breathe, your heartbeat and now he is away from that and he doesn't know what is going on. Hold him. All three of my children went through this...my first for the first 9 months of her life. It will pass!!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 2:53 PM on Nov. 10, 2010