How did your husband or husband-to-be propose marriage?

SweetLuci

Asked by SweetLuci at 11:49 AM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• It was when they had barbie brides at McDonalds. He brought me a happy meal. The bride had a bouguet in her hand with the ring hanging on it. Then he got down on his knee and asked. I was curious why he bought me a happy meal. Lol
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 11:53 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• He took me to dinner and then drove me out to the lake and proposed to me while we were watching the sunset :)
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 11:50 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• We were at home in bed and he spelled it out on a pillow. I thought it was super sweet and cute. He didn't have to do anything over the top to make it special for me.
    bellsandheels

Answer by bellsandheels at 11:51 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Ha ah aha hahah Mine blurted it out in the car, even having the whole romantic week-end planned!!!. HE can't keep quiet for long :)
    Andriya

Answer by Andriya at 11:54 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• We were in Washington sate, salmon fishing. We stopped at the Ho national rainforest. We were on a beach, just us with HUGE tree's behind us & crashing waves on the huge rocks. He told me to go sit up on a drift log so he can take a pic, & while i was walking away i heard him yell "I'M NOT THE MOST ROMANTIC GUY IN THE WORLD, BUT DO YOU WANT TO BE MY WIFE?" The crashing waves were so loud...lol. He wanted me to walk away, so i wouldn't see him pull the ring box out...lol. I did not see it comming at all, i was totally shocked. We just hugged each other on the beach, alone & happily cried.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:55 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• We were living in different states because he was in the military, he had told me that he wouldnt be able to get leave for our sons 1st birthday. During the party he called and asked me if it was a surprise party...since our son was turning 1 I thought he was crazy...as I was talking to him he walked in the door. During the party he asked me to another room and proposed to me there because he was afraid I might say no in front of all of our family. Come to find out that he had already called my mom and asked her permission so her, my sisters, an aunt, and one of his friends that were there already knew what was going on. I couldnt believe that everyone kept the secret...lol.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 11:57 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• It was a year and a half ago and I was in Hawaii with him for 9 days (he had a business conference). He proposed on the last evening we were there during the sunset and dinner. He had planned it and told the restaurant staff so we had the best seat on the patio. He just handed me a turquoise box (I was clueless and didn't realize it was from Tiffany's!!). I opened it and saw what it was. He said "Do I need to ask?" and I said "Yes, you do." So he asked me and I said yes. We had a beautiful wedding in our church 5 months later!
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 12:01 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• He didn't. My mother had been pushing the issue because we were pregnant & we felt it was the best option legally because I wanted my DH to have control over my medical situation should something happen during labor.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:09 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Went and bought a half carat diamond and asked me to marry him and now 3 yrs later we are having our first child
    deevega

Answer by deevega at 12:35 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• He didn't..LOL He was going to propose to me when we went up north for Thanksgiving in 2005, but on October 30th his dad got diagnosed with stage 3 Brain Cancer and we had to cancel our trip. We'd talked about it for months, and we already had the date picked out, the colors for the wedding picked out, and a name for a son and daughter, so I knew it would happen eventually. We were talking about it on Thanksgiving night, and jokingly I asked him, so when we getting married... and he said well I was going to ask you tonight.. He didn't really "ask" me per se, but I said yes, and then next day we went and bought my engagement ring, and both wedding bands. We got Married November 11, 2006, and I'm still loving every day. Tomorrow it will be 4 years!
    Erin_Jus

Answer by Erin_Jus at 12:49 PM on Nov. 10, 2010