FIL issues?

Okay I've seen posts where people have problems with their MIL but what about FIL? I love my MIL but just wish she'd take a chill pill when it comes to the grandkids but my FIL....that's another story. The man hates me. He does think I'm good enough for his son even though we've been married almost 3 years and we have kids. My hubby was the last to carry on the name until we had a son. FIL has not even held his grandkids!

OliviaW.

Asked by OliviaW. at 11:55 AM on Nov. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• OMG I HATE my FIL with a passion. He thinks my family is trash and blames me my husband did not go to college 6 hours away to play football at a school that did not even have his major.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 11:56 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Oh - I forgot to mention I am not what my FIL considers a 'good woman'. Meaning I'm not two steps away from the stove or bowing down on my hands and knees to a man. I was raised by my mother without a man ever present so my views are completely different. My hubby and I are both from the country. I was raised that you help on the farm and still get inside to feed the men and still find time to do everything else.
    OliviaW.

Comment by OliviaW. (original poster) at 12:05 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Wow... that's sad. I wish people could just accept who their kids marry, because it was their choice- not the parent's! Anyways, has your husband talked to your FIL? Mine had to tell my In-laws that I was his wife, accept it or don't have anything to do with us... it worked. Now, even though I know they still don't really like me, they have to treat me with respect, or we are outta there... Know that I will be praying for you though.
    momof2redhedz

Answer by momof2redhedz at 1:18 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• My FIL creeps me out...hes sneeky and caniving and really thinks that he is suitable to give parenting advice eventhough he spent most of his kids lives strung out and not around!! HA...he still asks me when hes going to get the kids over night..im like when Im dead and my kids fall through the cracks AKA NEVER!!!!!!!! I have to take him in small doses, and sadly hubby knows that but completely understands. I try to stay gone when he visits!!!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 2:22 PM on Nov. 10, 2010