If you quit drinking for over 2 months and then drank socially without a problem,

would you rather continue to drink or just when there is a wedding or party?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Nov. 10, 2010 in

• Depends...what made u quit drinking? Did u feel u were having a problem with it? Take it from a 4 year recovering alcoholic...there is no such thing as social drinking for the alcoholic. Yeah, at first you THINK you can do it socially, that's the alcoholic mind talking "hey I have it under control" but that's just a fantasy/dream for us. Any alcohol...ANYTHING that alters our mind at all, can send us into a spiral. Hope this helps and good luck.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 11:59 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• If I knew I had a drinking problem and I successfully conquered that, why would I want to start drinking again for any reason? I would feel that I had left that issue in my past and move ahead to better days.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:57 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Just wedding or party.
    Chell.o_0

Answer by Chell.o_0 at 11:57 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• i always quit drinking...lol, but i don't really have a problem. Never have. I'm just always going on new diets & alcohol is not in the game plan. So, i'll go a few months without, then go buck wild on night. I do find though that when i drink, I'm more likely to want to drink the next night too. But, i don't. Because i don't "need" it at all. I just enjoy it.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:59 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I enjoy it but then I see that I could go with one less drink than my gf who is offering it to me. So I threw it out down the drain. I was proud. Then the next day I woke and felt like an old lady yuck.....I'll pass for now unitl another party. The reason I stopped is because I went to afamily wedding and I did not eat anything so my lush of my cousin's wife kept egging me on and of course that is no excuse I got hammered with 5 drinks on an empty stomeach and my inlaws noticed and my hubby was so pissed...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:04 PM on Nov. 10, 2010