spanking?

how many of you do or think you will spank your child??

burtney0921

Asked by burtney0921 at 3:00 PM on Nov. 2, 2008 in General Parenting

• YES, I did spank my kids!!! They are 15 & 19!!
    honeys_sugamama

Answer by honeys_sugamama at 3:05 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• Yes I spank my son. But I alos show him just as much love. I have alot of people tell me tha my son is very well behaved
    Rikki
    ScootNPoot

Answer by ScootNPoot at 3:08 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• yes I spank.
    Anonymous

• I don't understand why people come on here and ask this question time and time again. Simply put, if you want your child to respect and obey you, you have to discipline him. If nothing else works, a good old fashion spanking will. Trust me... It's this or you find yourself in the middle of the mall counting to your child or pleading with them, making yourself look like a total a**... Take control, do it now or forever let your child boss you... It's your decision!
    Anonymous

• yep, i spank
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 3:19 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• I've heard it all, spanking teaches hitting, spanking teaches fear. NO, it teaches consequences. I spanked mine, (they're 22 and 24) If you don't have control and discipline then one day you may find yourself in a courtroom watching a total stranger (judge) discipline your child.

Even the christian bible says "Spare the rod and spoil the child"
    Wolfmother

Answer by Wolfmother at 3:38 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 3:47 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• NO TO SPANKING!! No one in my family was ever spanked. We, as a culture, know way to much about child development to resort to spanking. Hasn't anyone ever heard of talking!!!
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 4:14 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• spare the rod....
    i was spanked... not regularly, but when necessary... only twice in my life!! but i knew that when she said she would, she did... whether it was spanking or loose of privelges.
    i intend on spanking when necessary..... if timeout doesn't work, if TALKING doesn't work... or if it is to punish a behavior that could've resulted in the death of my child (i.e. running into a parking lot, etc).... then YES, she can expect to be spanked.
    Anonymous

• I spank but only if the situation gets out of hand. If they are endangering themselves or anyone else then it is necessary but thats my opinion. You will have lots of moms that feel spanking is wrong but I am not one of those
    histree

Answer by histree at 5:21 PM on Nov. 2, 2008