e-Reader: Nook or Kindle

I've been considering an e-reader, but I'm really hesitant to put out that much money on something like that.

Does anyone have an e-reader? Have you tried them? Which did you like better and why? Was it worth the expense?

geminilove

Asked by geminilove at 12:14 PM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Technology

• I have a kindle and love it.....my daughter has a kindle and loves hers.....I have 2 friends with nooks and they all love theirs...It is definitely worth it......
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 12:23 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I have the Kindle...love it. It reads to you, great outside, you can push the font way up, look things up, save yours pages and ideas to come back too so easy....and it is functional on it's own verses iPad which is codependent on your computer to set up, input and iPad is almost impossible to read out side (typing on one now which I love).

surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 12:24 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I would love to have an e-reader and when I get enough money I will have one. I have been looking into the Kindle myself.
    Ks_mom94

Answer by Ks_mom94 at 2:25 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• im wondering this too
    san78

Answer by san78 at 5:30 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Kindle, love it, best idea ever.
    cerealmom2

Answer by cerealmom2 at 8:14 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I've known a lot of people who've gotten the Kindle and they love it. Personally, I just prefer having the actual book in my hand.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 8:05 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• dido tam
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 10:15 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Consumer reports rate them on a scale of 100

Kindle DX-67
    Kindle Wi-Fi-68
    Kindle 3G and Wi-fi - 72
    Nook 3G-56
    Nook Wi-fi -53

I am looking and the Kindle Wi-Fi...honestly, you can get wi-fi just about everywhere. No need to spend the extra on the 3G
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:22 PM on Nov. 15, 2010