Were you nervous to go into labor being alone?

deevega

Asked by deevega at 12:15 PM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• YES, i always wanted plans incase 1 was busy someone else could be there
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 12:16 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• My first child, I was so naive I had no real idea. My second, I was scared to death because I DID know what was going to happen. My 3 & 4th it was such old hat, that I just did it and went home...LOL!
    lacyjones

Answer by lacyjones at 12:18 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Nope. I'll be in the hospital when labor starts... But honestly, even if I wasn't, I figure I have hours or days from the time labor would start til I would have the baby... A phone call would solve the being alone issue...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:19 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Raisingmen...Yes I am the same way.. I have 3 months to go but the thing is..I am so thinking of ppl who can be there cause my husband works out of town and I have no idea if he will be home or not. And lacyjones...I am soo nervous even being my first time and not knowing what to expect lol.
    deevega

Comment by deevega (original poster) at 12:21 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• No because I knew someone would be there soon. With my first my water broke and contractions started before hubby got home. It was not scary at all. Just nice to have him there to comfort me when he got home.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 12:22 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• i am scared, i am due in 4weeks with my first. my husband works nights and neither of us have family close by. one of my friends can't drive and the other is due the day after me, so we will see what happens. i know you are ment to be in labour hours or even days before you give birth so i trying to keep that in mind and not worry to much about it.
    otoole

Answer by otoole at 1:02 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• With my first baby, my waters broke and I was alone so called my mother for help and she got to me pretty quick even tho my labour didnt officially start for sometime, with the baby Im carrying now I have so many ppl on stand by I don't think I will be alone lol.
    MeAndLo

Answer by MeAndLo at 3:23 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• deevaga-- its normal to be nervous but its natural and you'll be surprised when it gets close your body takes over-best of luck and congrats
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 9:35 AM on Nov. 11, 2010

• my last pregnancy I was alone. I had a c-section. One of the doctors came in to talk
    to me. You can do it . Good Luck
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 8:11 PM on Nov. 17, 2010