just had Elizabethe's 3 month check up and the pediatrition wants to see her back in a month becuase he thinks her soft spot is small for her age. i wasn't worried until he said 'don't worry' . does anyone have any information on this and is there anything i can do? what's instore for my little one if this is a problem??

Elizabethe just turned three months old and her fontanel or "small spot" on the top of her head is about the size of the pad of my finger. the appointment is to see if it gets any smaller.

katie201005

Asked by katie201005 at 12:15 PM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I didn't realize that a soft spot closing early was a problem, maybe the appointment is just to monitor it's progress? If your doc says don't worry, it's typically ok to not worry about it.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 2:55 PM on Nov. 10, 2010