Can I flash a Verizon phone while under contract?

I have a contract with Verizon. Due to circumstances beyond my control, I now have a $400 dollar bill for two months' service. I am trying to terminate my contract, but I need to know if I can go ahead and flash my phone to a new carrier before they actually terminate my contract. Is there anything on the actual phone that would prevent a flash until they release it or something?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:03 PM on Nov. 2, 2008 in Just for Fun

• most carriers use SIM cards, verizon does not. check before trying to switch it that they can actually use that phone.
    Anonymous

• i don't think you can use that phone with another service, since they don't use SIM cards...i had the same thing happen with me! one month i had a bill of $390, and i fought it, but i finally got tired of it all and just paid it. the next month, they tried to bill me the SAME amount, saying my bill was late...how the hell was it late when i paid the dang thing off just the month before. So i went and got Cingular before they terminated it and it went on my credit. i haven't had any problems with Cingular (which is now AT&T).
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 3:16 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• side note- if you are having issues paying a contract cell phone bill, why not get a prepaid phone? uscellular has a good plan, as do some of the other prepaids.
    Anonymous

• i like us cellular.... T-moble sucks in my opionion
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 4:50 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• I have a two year contract with AT&T and the good thing about them is YOUR UNUSED MINUTES ROLL OVER to the next month for ONE YEAR.I HAVE had to fight themover a couple of high bills, but they are very reasonable about it, and I have had them deduct $100 one time and $40.00 the time before that, so they WILL work with you.
    I don't know anything about Verizon. Sorry I can't help you with that!
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 5:59 PM on Nov. 2, 2008