How do I...........(Venting)

make DH realize that I am not to be taken advantage of that I still need love, passion and romance even though we are married 24 years? I feel like running away! He keeps bringing up the fact that we are married 24 years so it seems to him like romance should be dead now.

Darla47

Asked by Darla47 at 12:30 PM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• My personal view and experience.. Married 25 years now.

ANY marriage, no matter how long the couple has been married, is/can be as passionate, romantic, sizzling, as the 2 people in that marriage want it to be.

If the 2 people in that marriage are passionate about one another, and they make it a point to express that passion, that love, that desire, that need on a regular basis. Then the marriage will be those things.

Romance, passion, etc. Only stay alive and active in a marriage, if the 2 people in that marriage keep it alive and active.

What actions do you put out there towards him to encourage the things you need and want? What is his reactions to you when you put those feelings/needs/wants into action? When the 2 of you openly and honestly discuss BOTH of you needs, wants, desires in regards to your relationship, how does he respond to yours, and how do you respond to his?
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 1:29 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Show him the benefits of his efforts ...
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 12:34 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• romance him
    OR
    hit him over the head with a frying pan to get his attention

can you take him away for a weekend? dye your hair different or wear a wig, ask to meet him out for a drink, meet separate, wear that wig, act like you just meet him etc

spice it up girlfriend- you can do it! have some fun, make him notice you again!!
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 12:39 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• ps
    24 years!
    congrates
    you are doing something right (both of you)

fiatpax

• RUNAWAY--go get hair done make up whatever make you feeel good make dinner plans resturaunt or bar when others look he'll get clue
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 12:54 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I guess it never occurred to him, that if he doesnt make you feel good you... will find other means. Maybe you should buy a toy and watch porn...let him catch you, then explain..."well, hmmm, maybe you might think about it." Then get up and walk away to let him think about it. LOL! No explanation other than that. Unless you might want to throw in.."You might should wonder what might be next... hmmm" and really let him think about it. Guys hate wonderment.
    lacyjones

Answer by lacyjones at 12:36 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• He really isn't showing much effort!
    Darla47

Comment by Darla47 (original poster) at 12:36 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Send flowers to yourself, with a card from "secret admirer".....sometimes all you need to do is plant a little seed.
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 12:52 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• If romance is dead then the marriage is only on paper. Staying in for 24 years doesn't necessarily mean your doing something right. It means you have 24 years of fortitude. I don't know how to re-spark the love. My guess would be not to be so available, do things that make you feel good and look good. Try being flirtatious, touchy feely and not just with him. If he can get back on the chase he might find a way to court you all over again.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 1:00 PM on Nov. 10, 2010