you really would keep your baby if you got raped?

i am suprised to see how many people say they would not get an abortion if they got raped because "its not the babies fault." Your right - its not, and would you really like to find out one day that your daddy raped your mommy and thats why your here? can you imagine what that would do to somebodys self esteem and personality?

PURPULbutterfly

Asked by PURPULbutterfly at 12:31 PM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I would never carry a rapist's child. Either Plan B, or terminate it immediately.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 2:04 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I wouldn't even wait long enough to consider abortion. I'd take the Plan B pill.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 12:31 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I was raped and kept my baby. She's almost 18 now and has no idea the circumstances surrounding the way I conceived her and I don't plan on ever telling her. I wouldn't want to know something liek that and I bet she wouldn't either.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 12:32 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• If I didnt want the baby I would give the baby up for adoption. My friend was raped but a guy who slipped her something at a party and she became pregnant. It was destressing that she was raped but when she gave birth her baby made her life worth it. Out of such an ugly act came a beautiful being.
    Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 12:34 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• She's never asked. I got married when she was five and my husband adopted her. No one but me knows about the rape since I never pressed charges. There might be a time in the future when she does ask me and I'm really not sure exactly what I'll tell her. I love her so much and I'm afraid telling her what actually happened will crush her or change her in a negative way.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 12:40 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Life is not an episode of L&O SVU. People have all kinds of crappy parents. Why should they pay for someone else's screw up, whether daddy is a rapier or a deadbeat methhead. Either way doesn't justify killing someone and compounding the trauma.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:36 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I absolutely would keep a baby that was the result of rape but you do realize that situation is rare.
    mhaney03

Answer by mhaney03 at 12:36 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• does the one night stand in back of car tell her kid thats were she was concieved?? I don't think its lieing just not sharing details. If someone can care for that child thats thier decision to keep it, the child doesn't need to know all
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 12:37 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I would take the plan B pill as well... But I know a girl who was in the exact same situation as Jenaikao01 and she doesnt regret her choice to keep her son at all. But personally, I couldnt do it.
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 12:37 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• IhartU, I think now she is old enough and stable enough....you have raised her well and she could handle it.....but I would still wait until she asked. Kudos to you for being a very strong woman!!!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 12:45 PM on Nov. 10, 2010