what would you do if you found out your 13 y/o was sexually active?

evilstepmother1

Asked by evilstepmother1 at 12:35 PM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• I would flip out. I have a 12 year old and I hate the thought.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 12:36 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• i was sexually active at a young age, and my mom sat down and just talked with me about the dangers and why i might be feeling like having sex was a good idea. she never got mad or punished me about it. im glad she did it that way becasue it made our relationship very strong and i always felt like i could go to her for anything, and i did.
    good luck
    momslikeme366

Answer by momslikeme366 at 12:37 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Honestly, I would probably be devistated to find that out. I would talk about it with them, but I would probably have them start seeing a therapist also. 13 year old are not ready to have sex yet and there are probably some emotional circumstances behind it. On top of it there would be some serious increase in parental supervision until I felt like I could trust my child again.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 12:38 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I would totally flip out. The child would be grounded and not allowed to do anything extracurricular. I would keep my eyes on the 24-7. Not allow them the opportunity to do anything. School then home.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 12:39 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• By increase in supervision I dont mean punishment though, more of a safety thing.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 12:39 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Try not to beat the sh*t out of her. Ground her, put her on birthcontrol shot, get her tested for STDs and have her talk to a doctor about all STDs and pregnancy.  That is one of my worst fear as a mother is that I have failed to tell and help them understand that sex should be something you wait as long as possible for. I'm not saying till marriage because I had my oldest at 19, but 13 is way to young.

kirstensmommie

Answer by kirstensmommie at 12:41 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• freak out--then start monitoring everything and where they went,.my son is 15 but I don't give him oppurtunity he's not allowed to spend time alone w/ girls
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 12:41 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Lock them away until they were 20!
    LOL...
    Jambo4

Answer by Jambo4 at 12:43 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• It will never happen because my dad has a healthy gun collection! Also, I don't think it will ever be an issue because I'm very watchful of my kids and they have no reason to disobey me or sneak around. But if for some chance it did happen, if I had a girl then I would be at the parents' doorstep instantly and would press charges if the boy was old enough. If not old enough, I would tell him(jn front of his parents) that if he wanted to keep his family jewels in tack, that he better not so much as look at dd again. I would also go to the school and make sure they weren't kissing, hugging, etc. If I had a ds and he was doing that, I would make him take care of a baby for a few days. A real baby. Like a wailing newborn under my supervision. Then I would talk to the girl's parents and the girl, the school too. I would fo both a ds and dd take away everything dear to them-tv, computer, everything but food, water, shelter &clothes!
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 12:44 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Talk with her about the dangers of sex physically and mentally at a young age. Take her to the doctor and have tests for STD. Then as other prev. moms said, she would have increased supervision. This type of scenario and how you handle it could really set the scene for how your relationship will be with your daughter in the future. I want my daughter to know she can come to me for ANY reasons.

mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 12:47 PM on Nov. 10, 2010