Babies and surgery...

when my daughter was born she was tounge tied and they never clipped it at the hospital so we had to wait until she was old enough and weighed enough well now she'll be 7 months old and she's going to finally get it clipped on the 18th of this month and they are saying she wont be able to do certain things she use to do before for a while so her tounge will heal right so i was wondering if anyone has ever gone through something like this and how hard it was on you because in my mind im just thinking its going to be the longest and the worse recovery for her help me out let me know

LiLMAMA421

Asked by LiLMAMA421 at 3:13 PM on Nov. 2, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my niece had it done but she was like 3 years old by the time they did it. I don't recall her having to do anything special though...
    Anonymous

• i mean they are saying she can't have a passy and might have trouble drinking her bottle or juice stuff like that
    LiLMAMA421

Answer by LiLMAMA421 at 3:18 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• When my son had his toung tied clipped they put him right to the breast so it would stop bleeding. he was 2 months. but he is fine. I dont know. my doc reccomended that he sucked on things. Good luck
    MommyTessier

Answer by MommyTessier at 3:52 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• My babe was in the NICU her first month due to major surgery less than 24 hrs after birth.. It's suck for a while, but you'll be so concerned for her that the stress and frustration will be bearable.

What is tongue tied, never heard of this?
    ZoeKatsMom

Answer by ZoeKatsMom at 12:36 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• My daughter had to have tubes in her ears at 10 months old andTHAT WAS THE HARDEST THING I HOPE I NEVER HAVE TO GO THROUGH AGAIN. When she came out of recovery she was so scared. She cried and screamed and wouldn't come to me then when she did come to me she wouldn't quit screaming. The only thing i can possibly say to make this even halfway better is to make sure you know exactly what to expect and BE STRONG
    ButterflyMom194

Answer by ButterflyMom194 at 9:20 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• tounge tied is like when the little skin thing under your tounge connects to your gums and my daughters is pretty bad
    LiLMAMA421

Answer by LiLMAMA421 at 10:43 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• thanks everyone for the advice it helped to kinda know what to expect but it wasnt as bad as i thought she did really good actually
    LiLMAMA421

Answer by LiLMAMA421 at 10:44 PM on Dec. 1, 2008