Anyone have a DOC-Band baby?

My little girl is six months old and tomorrow she'll be getting her DOC-band helmet from Cranial Tech to straighten out her head. Anyone out there have or had babies with these helmets??

amybaby_19

Asked by amybaby_19 at 12:52 PM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter had one for about three months. It really made a difference. Didn't correct it completely, but definitely helped a lot compared to doing nothing.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 6:39 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• My 5 yr old had one for a year. It was a Star Band (same thing though just a different brand name). She wore it for a year. It corrected her head 50% but it was enough so that now she has hair you really cant notice it unless you feel her head. The only other problem we have now is she can't wear a bike helmet because it wont fit her correctly. When she first got it she didnt really mind it because she was so young after a few months she began trying to take it off but she couldnt get it off so eventually she quit trying. She did sweat in it a lot so they drilled some holes in the back of it. You do have to keep it really clean or it starts to smell funny. You can't wash it, just wipe it with alcohol. The only time it was off was when she had a bath & I cleaned it then. We also put cute stickers all over it to decorate it. It really wasnt as bad as I thought it was going to be.
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 12:58 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Meant to add she had it from age 6 mo to about 18 mo.
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 2:21 PM on Nov. 11, 2010