How to get your child to listen and do?

My daughter is one years old she understand very well but every time i tell her to do something she doesn't listen how do I get her to listen

Shareefa22

Asked by Shareefa22 at 3:21 PM on Nov. 2, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• if you mean like to pick up her toys, show her by example. if you mean she doesn't listen when you tell her not to do something, pop her on the butt after a couple of "no's". she'll get the point.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 3:26 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• One is pretty young to expect obedience. My kids it didn't really start to "click" until 2-3 years old. I would give a one year a LOT of leeway, personally. They can understand some things and really shock you with their comprehension but some days it just won't click. Keep being encouraging and positive - reward when they do it right with positive reinforcement. (hugs, cheering, excited reaction)
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 3:51 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• Are you kidding! She's only 1 year old!! Are you going to expect her to get a JOB by 3 years old??
    Anonymous