What cartoons are your LOs not allowed to watch and why??

LiLJeni

Asked by LiLJeni at 1:08 PM on Nov. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• When my kids were little, there was Loony Tunes and Huckleberry Hound, Flinstones, whatever was on .... and they watched them all.
    My grandkids watched Tellitubbies and the Backyardigans and Sesame Street...all good ones. We all like SpongeBob too. He is harmless, silly and goofy --but harmless.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 3:14 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• There are numerous ones. The Simpsons, Family Guy, King of the Hill to name a few. All for the very same reason- they're filthy.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 1:09 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• sponge bob because its gross and he tries to repeat what he hears on there so we just don't watch it.

onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 1:10 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• spongebob square pants, first of all the song is annoying as hell, second some of the humor is ment for teens not little kids. then u have ur "evening cartoons" for adults that they dont watch either.
    Phippsandrea

Answer by Phippsandrea at 1:10 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• The Simpson-vulgar, Family Guy- majoroly vulgar, SpongeBob- sexual humor not appropriate for kids, teletubbies-just too frickin weird,other 'kid' shows not allowed Hannah Montana-BAD examples of how to behave, overt sexual references.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 1:14 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Well just because they are animated does not mean they are geared for children. My boys are only 4 and 5. We stick to Nick Jr. We avoid Yo Gaba Gaba just because it is annoying and freaky.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:23 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Adult focused cartoons we avoid for the kids. I am not too particular, if it comes on Nick or Nick jr or Disney during the day, I don't mind. they have their favorites right now, so they just watch those until they get tired of them (super why and word girl on PBS, Tom and Jerry, Kick Buttowski)
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 3:14 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Oh--and the ones you mention such as Family Guy and the Simpsons---they are adult shows and they are not shown on the Disney Channel or PBS. So....nobody watches either of those. Not even me.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 3:15 PM on Nov. 10, 2010