What makes your house (or apartment, etc) feel like a home?

amandag618

Asked by amandag618 at 1:08 PM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Home & Garden

• A tablecloth and coordinating bath towels! :) I just got new fall themed ones and it makes the house feel so much more cozy!
    katie23

Answer by katie23 at 1:10 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• All of our favorite items like throw pillows, curtains, family pictures on the walls....
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 1:14 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Having my family all together here with me :)
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 1:16 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Right now it's just the fact that we've lived here for a year. Ontop of our little family being here everyday. However, it won't truely feel like home until we've stripped the wall paper and have painted the walls. Gotten new furniture, coordinating bath towels, etc. Just to make it truely ours.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:17 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• My kids
    mlg87ok

Answer by mlg87ok at 1:39 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• photos of my family! My favorite books or ones I am currently reading around!
    chris219

Answer by chris219 at 3:07 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• When I moved into my Townhome, the walls were plain, Builders' Beige,they call it. I have painted all the rooms (good exercise) and hung blinds and curtains. LAst summer I had Silestone countertops installed and ceramic tile in the Sunroom. It is really feeling like home now!
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 3:10 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• my kids sitting in overstuffed furniture giggling at each other; my husband and I cooking together in our dark wood, cafe style kitchen while listening to '80s music on the ipod; and my 100 dog sleeping on the plush frieze area rug I spent up the wazoo just for her... Ahhhh home... Being military and moving every 2-3 years~ Home isn't always about paint, furniture, and accessories.. It's about the family members who enjoy them!
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:40 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• curtains
    Airamana

Answer by Airamana at 3:53 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Aww.. I have lived in this apt for a little over four months and it still does not feel like home to me, buy maybe when I get curtains it will, and when I have some furniture that is of our personal taste..
    Luisa621

Answer by Luisa621 at 6:49 PM on Nov. 10, 2010