Severe back/chest pain from gas?

Besides changing what I eat and figuring out what causes it (which I'm working on) do you know of a way to ease the pain when it's happening?

JJsMoMMy519

Asked by JJsMoMMy519 at 1:18 PM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• If you are pregnant, and don't want to consider surgery now, here are some things you can do to check and see if it's gallbladder.
    Do the "gas attacks" happen when you eat something greasy, like bacon, fries, fried chicken.? Or when you eat chocolate? If so, you have gallstones probably. Avoid anything with grease, avoid anything with chocolate. This may allow you to put off surgery. The other thing is if you have to have surgery, ask for the laproscopic (sp?) style of surgery. In this, they just make 5-6 small (about 1/2-1 inch) incisions and go in and suck it out through tubes. You recover so much quicker, I came home the same day I had the surgery! If you are sure it is gas, get on your knees on the floor and rest on your elbows, move forward and backwards, this should loosen the bubbles. Good luck honey!
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 3:30 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Can you take Gas-X?
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 1:20 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Stretch your back as much as you can to help the gas bubbles move through your tract. What they tell you to do with infants is in circular motions rub your babes belly clockwise all the way around its belly button to help move gas bubbles maybe the same thing can be applied to us! good luck!
    shorty_18

Answer by shorty_18 at 2:28 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• It may be Gallstones. I had the same type of pain and had a severe attack & had it removed. I feel great now. You need to have an ultrasound of your Gallbladder & they will see if there are stones. It doesn't ever get better, just worse sorry to say. If it is bad then you need to remove it since it can damage your Pancreas & you can live without a gallbladder but not a Pancreas. Call your Dr. ASAP for this simple test. Good luck.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:49 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Peppermint is supposed to be good at getting rid of gas and setterling the stomach, so maybe mints to suck or tea to drink? Hope you get it sorted soon.
    MeAndLo

Answer by MeAndLo at 3:08 PM on Nov. 10, 2010