What is the best way to announce a 2nd baby?

I don't live near any of my family, so we will have to do some online, some phone calls...but I want it to be special like it was telling them about the 1st baby. We were all together then, but it's not possible now.

JJsMoMMy519

Asked by JJsMoMMy519 at 1:21 PM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Pregnancy

• When we found out we were pregnant with our first, we just came out and told my family. We didn't do anything fancy.

But with our second, we are planning on buying our daughter a "Big Sister" shirt and letting her wear the shirt when we go visit my parents. I'm not pregnant yet, but we will be TTC soon and I've already thought about how I'm going to let them know when we do get pregnant. Maybe you guys could take a family picture together and let your first child wear a "big brother or big sister" shirt in it and send it to family via e-mail, text message or something!
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 1:29 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Make a website that announces the pregnancy and send them all a link?
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 1:22 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I would just call and tell them. It's a baby, it's very special. You don't need any hoopla to enhance it.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:22 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• look what i can do! *flourish pregnancy test here*
    Oobersezzy

Answer by Oobersezzy at 1:35 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• wear a shirt that says"bun in the oven" for the online ones lol. When I found out I was pregnant with a boy I wore a t-shirt for the family announcement that said"feeling blue"
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 3:08 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Have your 1st child wear a shirt that says "I am going to be a big brother/sister" and take a picture then send to all your relatives, or have you try call and tell everyone that they will be a big brother/sister
    Decker

Answer by Decker at 11:10 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I really like Misteh idea about the web site or maybe a blog.
    1Giovanni

Answer by 1Giovanni at 12:09 AM on Nov. 11, 2010