Do you shop at thrift stores

yes, I won't pay full price for book Ill read in week or boys will read and when they were little bought alot of toys they'd out grow. even snow suit.
only if its much cheap you have to keep eye out sometimes walmart is same price

raisingmen

Asked by raisingmen at 1:40 PM on Nov. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• I bought a double stroller from a thrift store, but that is it so far. I do shop at consignment shops, such as Once Upon A Child for kids clothes and necessities.
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 1:42 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Yes, I shop at thrift stores often. You have to be diligent in looking at their stuff, but it's worth it most of the time. I've gotten some great deals at Thrift stores before, so to me, it's worth my time and patience to look through their stuff. Now, there are times when I can buy things on clearance racks, for cheaper, and if that's the case, then I'll do that.
    Charlie98

Answer by Charlie98 at 1:47 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• All the time....also yard sales and freecycle
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 2:11 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• All the time. I just went this past week and got a buggy full of nice baby and toddler clothes for about $1 each. I've got quite a few baby items there as well, all in great shape for a fraction of the price I would have found them for anywhere else. For me, it's worth the time to look through all the stuff, and keep going back to see what else they've got in. I went to all the thrift stores in town one time looking for pants for my son, and didn't find one. A few weeks later I went again and after just going to 2 stores came out with at least 10 nice pair for a $1 or $2 each.
    montanagal2005

Answer by montanagal2005 at 2:29 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I don't think there is anything wrong with shopping at thrift stores. I've found some brand name clothing at local goodwill's that was in great condition ( no stains or rips :) ) I think that as long as it's in good condition your good to go. Know one needs to know (: I also believe it's worth the time!

mom2ababygirly

Answer by mom2ababygirly at 2:49 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Yep I love thrift stores they have some of the greatest deals on things I would never be able to afford otherwise!
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 2:54 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I love all things second hand, kids wear them so little before they grow out, I tried to avoid paying retail for anything.
    Clearance racks are also great, I usually try to buy a lot of clothes at the end of the previous season.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 3:06 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Even though it's a THRIFT store does'nt mean it would'nt have anything good. I have bought many books and sometimes clothes mostly for me. The kids get embarrassed about wearing the clothes from there. I take them to Marshall's or Ross. They are at the age of "what kids wear at school is important and don't want to be laughed at or picked on" And i can understand that, my mom shopped at the Salvation Army when i was in Jr.High and High School and was frowned upon at times.
    4theloveofTink

Answer by 4theloveofTink at 5:56 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• All the time!!! I go AT LEAST once a week- mostly on the half off days. Also love to donate to them and often times get coupons for donating in addition to a tax break!
    joisie1978

Answer by joisie1978 at 5:57 PM on Nov. 10, 2010