SAHM: What kind of SAHM are you?

By choice? Or by circumstance?
How many kids do you have in school and at home?
Do you do only for you and your family or do you help others because they work?

I'm a SAHM by choice. I have 2 kids in school and one at home with me. I'm trying to get to the point where I only have to worry about me and my family. Because I'm sick of doing favors for others who find it necessary to ask me to do them favors because I don't work!

mamaada

Asked by mamaada at 1:45 PM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Just for Fun

• By choice, even now that my kids are all grown, but I hear ya when you say people think we have nothing to do at home, so they ask for favors....

Answer by older at 1:47 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I'm a SAHM because I want to be with my children while they are children.
    Creating78

Answer by Creating78 at 2:38 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• By choice. I take care of my family first - I help out my friends when they need something (most of them work) but none of them would ever take advantage.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 1:47 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• By Choice
    I have an 29 Month old.
    I do EVERYTHING around here.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 1:47 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• sahm by choice, no kids in school, 2 at home i only help my mother b/c she got stuck with my sister's kid and he needs someone to be there for him when my mom is working
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 1:48 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Stay at home parenting is usually a choice a couple makes together. Whoever has the better paying job keeps working, while the other parent stays home with the kids and runs errands and play domestic, while the other earns the income. It can be either gender.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 1:52 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• By choice. All three of mine are in school. I have a part-time job during school hours.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 1:49 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• for me it is a little of both. back when my hubby was in the army, we created our big family (3 kids) not worrying about what COULD happen in this economy because we were secure, and in those times i was a sahm by CHOICE. well he got injured and discharged and now we're struggling to make ends meet. now i sah because on our low income i can't afford to work, so i do it because of the circumstance we're already in, i have to wait til atleast 2 are in school so we are only paying daycare for one, and that won't be for another 3 years. i've tried offering myself as a babysitter to make extra side money, and even applying in daycares to get lower cost daycare, but no such luck yet! the economy is ROUGH!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 1:49 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Me.

SAHM by choice.
    No children at home. My only is grown and has moved away for college.
    No help from anyone other than my husband.

I was a working mom until my son was 10.. I became a SAHM then. Since my son was older and already in school when I became a SAHM. A lot of the issues, situations..etc.. that a SAHM with young children encounters, I never really encountered.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 1:49 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• SAHM by choice my guys are in school i put them on bus go work part tme then come home get them off bus i work 1 night week and hubby takes care of them
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 2:05 PM on Nov. 10, 2010