Does anyone know of any organizations that help young mothers out with basic needs?

Hello everyone (: I am in need of basic things for myself and my baby girl. I'm due in Feb. I would love to know if they're is any organizations out there that could help me with maternity clothing, baby clothing,diapers. Please no rude answers. I am a young mother that is trying her best to provide for her beautiful baby girl unfortunately at this time I'm struggling. I am trying my very best so one day i can provide everything for my baby girl (:
Thank you so much for your answers & have a great day.

mom2ababygirly

Asked by mom2ababygirly at 1:46 PM on Nov. 10, 2010 in General Parenting

• WIC can help you with that. Its helps you with food and they have many other resources that can help you out when you get there. Such as diapers carseats and stuff like that.
    As far as maternity clothes go, you can check craigslist.
    nowmommyof2

Answer by nowmommyof2 at 1:51 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• get phone book look up social services their give you list of local org.
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 1:52 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Thanks for your answers (: I live in a small city so craigslist doesn't have much posts. I do have WIC but unfortunately they do not provide diapers or baby clothing. I have also looked in the phone book my city does not have any resources. We don't even have a planned parenthood.

mom2ababygirly

Comment by mom2ababygirly (original poster) at 1:56 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• You could try to contact your local crisis pregnancy center or St. Vincent de Paul....perhaps Salvation army......best wishes, mama.... :)
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 2:09 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Thank you for your answer (: but as i said before i have tried everything.

mom2ababygirly

Comment by mom2ababygirly (original poster) at 2:10 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Contact some of the bigger churches in your area, they also sometimes help.....the times are hard, though, so I'm not sure who has funds available these days....
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 2:10 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• All the churches said they have no donations. :( That's why i was looking for a bigger organization. I really do need the help.

mom2ababygirly

Comment by mom2ababygirly (original poster) at 2:15 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I had these same troubles and there was a parenting place that basically counsels you against abortion and they give you classes and after you complete them you get certain thing that people donate.Google and see if you have one in your area-.It was called Pregnancy Solutions here. I hope that helps...
    RachelleNH

Answer by RachelleNH at 8:07 AM on Nov. 11, 2010