different fathers

I have three sisters, two of which have passed. My mother passed away last year. I just found out the two sisters I lost had a different father. Do I have a right to be angry? How would you feel in this position?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:47 PM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• I could agree that you would have the right to be upset, but not angry. Whats done is done and your sisters are gone regardless. I am sorry for your findings, and for your loss.
    shorty_18

Answer by shorty_18 at 2:05 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• At this point I wouldn't be angry - what good is it going to do? I'm sorry that they lied to you.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 1:49 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• They were still your sisters regardless
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 1:50 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I still love them just as much as i ever did. Just upset at my mom for not telling me.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:51 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• First of all, I'm sorry for your loss. Having a loss like that is hard enough, and then to find out that they had different Father's, adds to it. I don't know that it's beneficial to you to be upset by it. In the end, what's it going to get you? You can't change the fact that they had different Dad's. Did y'all have a Father growing up, who raised you as his own? If so, then rejoice in the fact that y'all all had the same Dad growing up. Maybe your Mom didn't want you to know, because the other "Dad's" weren't good for y'all. She might have been protecting you guys from something. I don't know. Hope this helps.
    Charlie98

Answer by Charlie98 at 1:51 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Sorry I'm a tad bit confused. Your sisters that passed away had a different father than you and your other sister? So your made you wasn't told? Was your father lied to and told they were his? I can see you being a little resentful if it was you that had a different father, but there is no need for you to be mad about your sisters. More than likely there was a good reason for your mother to withold this information(in her mind) as long as they were properly cared for. Like Misteh said they are still your sisters.
    aitson

Answer by aitson at 1:59 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I could never be mad at my (passed away) mother. Just couldn't.
    pjacademy

Answer by pjacademy at 2:09 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Parents do things like this to protect theirselves and sometimes the kids. Mad ok but remember this is you worried about something you are not able to change. Feel hurt that she was not able to tell you but be glad that you were able to be with them while they were alive. Sister love is a deep bond that even in death your mother and sisters will be in your corner to pull you through this. It is hard because of all the why would she not tell but let go and forgive for you . Love is unconditional no matter who their fathers might have been they were your sisters and you love them .
    karing4elmas

Answer by karing4elmas at 3:14 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• thats hard. i have kids who have different fathers but they are old enough to know better and if they don't know it yet they will. i don't see how you can keep this a secret unless the father is not in their life. i'm sorry and i think i would understand how you feel but in the end does it really matter that they had different fathers? or is it that your mother didn't tell you. had she done so then what? would that change how you feel about your sisters. i'm trying to get to think about it on a deeper level as in how would you feel had you known or found out in another form. good luck in dealing with your feelings. i'm sure your shocked by it. still your father was good to you i hope.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 9:00 PM on Nov. 10, 2010