Anybody else hating this time change?

My son woke up at 6 this morning, because, the poor thing, to him it felt like 7! I'm so jealous of all of the people who were like "yay! I get an extra hour of sleep tonight!" because I most definitely did not : (

I guess Gage will be getting sleepy & ready for bed at 7 tonight instead of his usual 8... I'm going to have to try to keep him awake a little bit longer each night until he gets his internal clock "set" with the new time! I just don't see the point in all of this... Grrrr!

heather.huckaby

Asked by heather.huckaby at 3:49 PM on Nov. 2, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• same here! I think who ever came up with this did NOT think things through, and i seirously doubt they had kids.
    mommy2alissa

Answer by mommy2alissa at 3:57 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• No, it was just a man whose wife did everything that thought of it :)
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 4:01 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• good ol' arizona, apparently we don't believe in "daylight savings" here lol
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 4:34 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• It was Benjamin Franklin who came up with "Daylight Savings Time" back in the day when farmers wanted an extra hour in the day to get things done. So you can't smack his old, bald forehead now for it., but I sure hate it!!! We are on Eastern Standard Time where I live and I sure wish the government would recognize that we no longer NEED Daylight Savings Time and just keep us on Eastern Standard all year long. I really hate to "spring forward" and lose that hour of sleep, and it gets dark way too early in the fall when we "fall back" but if we didn't have to change we would have already gotten used to it. GGRRR
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 5:48 PM on Nov. 2, 2008