How do I get my four year old to stay in his bed and out of mine??

I love him dearly but I really want to come home from work at night and climb into my bed with out my ds in the bed. He is four and he says he is afraid of monsters in his room. I have given him monster wands, sprayed the room with monster spray etc....lol. Please help?

meagen22

Asked by meagen22 at 2:01 PM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I'm a sucker. I say if he's scared let him sleep with you haha, sorry no help. I'm going to start getting my 4 year old out of mine eventually and we have a surprise bag for things liek that. He would get one in the morning after he slept in his bed. Good Luck!
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 2:06 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Hahaha...I have the same problem. I don't think me and my husband have shared our bed alone much in the past 7 years!! My oldest is almost 9 and my youngest is 3.5. I love cuddling my son he is my last so I want him to stay little for as long as I can,but...... I miss my bed!! just me and my husband!! Hopefully son...maybe
    Sunflower722

Answer by Sunflower722 at 2:34 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Give him a night light that shines things, like stars on the ceiling, something that will provide a distraction, you could also try a new special night light that has a " special monster detector" it will sound off an alarm and zap the monsters.... might work to tell a little fib. otherwise you can set up a spot on your floor and tell him if he gets scared he can go to his special spot. it can be a sleeping bag or special blanket, something to make it a place for him to feel safe without taking up space in your bed
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 3:12 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• When he goes to bed do the monster check look every where for monsters and then say all clear then say it loud you monsters stay away or i am going to spank you and make you go home crying to you mommies.. Something like that LOL. Get him a night light if thats not enough hang christmas lights in his room. then put him in his bed, if he gets up reassure him there are no monsters put him in bed and say good night repeat this until he stays in his own bed. it may seem mean and it will probably take a while but you need to reassure him he is fine and that he has to be a big boy and sleep in his own bed!!Good Luck with whatever you choose to do.
    lovinmybaby87

Answer by lovinmybaby87 at 1:25 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• well i know this sounds like a horrible idea but when my other kids were little we lived in a 2 bd apt. so all 3 kids shared a room and they had a tv with cable and a dvd player. and they slept in their beds fine. so i am thinking of getting my 3 almost 4yr old a tv with just a dvd player and only fo rbed time. he has his own room so i thought that would be an idea. i would rather him fall asleep on his own but it hasnt been workin out too well. i want my bed back. !!!
    cuteness13983

Answer by cuteness13983 at 4:32 PM on Nov. 12, 2010