should babies wear the same shoes when they are learning to walk?

my LO was given TONS of shoes, mainly 1's and 2's. i kno my grls learned to walk while in 2's. so should i favor one pair of shoes while he learns to walk, or should i just not worry about the diff shoes. (most of them are the soft soles)

Phippsandrea

Asked by Phippsandrea at 2:04 PM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• While she is learning to walk (indoors) she should be barefoot. Many studies have shown that they have the best balance that way and its the best way to learn. I would only put shoes on her if she is going to be walking around outside to protect her from the cold and sharp objects she may step on.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 2:06 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I don't know that it matters, as long as the shoes aren't too big. All of my kids learned to walk in bare feet.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 2:06 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• walking is best learned in bare feet, save the shoes for when you are going oug
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 2:06 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Inside they should be walking in sock feet. Its the healthiest for their feet

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:07 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I think it's best to go barefoot while learning to walk. It's always been warmer here when that time has came.
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 2:07 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Our kids never wore shoes til they were already walking. Shoes aren't really good for their little feet...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:22 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I don't think wearing shoes will slow the learning process if he is only wearing them for a few hours, once in awhile. Just be mindful that he may fall more than ususal when he wears them after being barefoot at home until he gets used to the feeling of them on his feet.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 2:43 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• My kid's first shoes were all size 4. I only had one pair. It is best to learn to walk barefoot. But if all the shoes are soft and fit well, I don't see a problem.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:06 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• My Son learned to walk in Pedipeds & Robeez soft soled since they are slip resistant. If you are just leaving on sox, then use the ones with the non-slip bottoms from Old Navy or Target.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:09 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• My kids never wore shoes until after they learned to walk. And one of mine walked at 10 mo old.
    Anonymous