How did you know..??

How did you know your SO was the one for you? How long have you been married?

For me, he came to my house to meet me after we talked on the phone for a few days, and he stayed the entire night. We just talked about any and everything and I knew that he was the one. He moved in a month later, and a year later we got engaged, a year after that we got married, and tomorrow we will be married for 4 years.

Erin_Jus

Asked by Erin_Jus at 2:06 PM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Relationships

• When he was gentleman enough to take my drunk ass home when all my friends ditched me at the bar on my birthday...They forgot about me and all left me there with no transportation and he took me home, got me in the house, and put me in bed and even locked the door behind him. No more no less. He did write his phone number on the fridge for me and we have been together ever since! =)

4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 2:31 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• My dh was sent from Heaven above. I had a few guys that were a major dissapointment, even one that was stalking me. I was very unhappy. I prayed to God to send me the perfect one for me and to make sure I KNEW it was the one. It was less than a month later that I met him. We were engaged VERY soon and married 3 years later(would have been sooner but there were circumstances beyond our control). We just celebrated our 8 year wedding anniversary last month. I don't know how to describe how I knew. I just knew. He was very respectful of me and really listened. We could talk about anything and everything for hours and never got tired of each other. Its hard to say whether he fell harder for me or vice versa. What sent chills down my spine was when he told me he had prayed to God to send him the right one(I hadn't told him I did the same). I have been tripled blessed from those prayers because out of that prayer has been 2 kids!
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:17 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• We started off as a holiday romance and then became a long distance relationship.  I knew he was the one for me when I moved to England to be with him. 

We've been married 22 years.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 2:21 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• DH and I met on Myspace. We talked for a couple weeks before we met face to face. On our first meet it was just as we talked to one another online. There wasn't any awkwardness, though we were nervous, and it was natural to us to be around one another. We started dating shortly after .. Not sure exactly what date, all we know is his 4 year old cousin said "Look, Adam's Girlfriend". We couldn't go against the word of a four year old, so we figured it was official right then. Haha But I knew he was the one when we were hanging out in his room and he just looked at me with those ocean blue eyes and said "You're what's been missing in all of my other relationships". It wasn't only because he said that to me, but the second he said it I knew that that's exactly what I'd been trying to pin point about him as well. And I knew that he was that exact same thing to me. We moved in together after a month of dating, married after a year.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:28 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• We've been married for Two years.
    JazzlikeMraz

• I cant pin point a how or when. I just kind of always knew. We've been married for almost 12 years. Together for 18
    tntmomof2

Answer by tntmomof2 at 2:49 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• We had known each other through friends and were always dating other people . I saw him through some bad girlfriends and he did the same. About 3 years passed where we were dating the wrong people and we some how started to hang out . I started hanging with him talking about any and every thing and he listened. Not just that I hear you but he felt where I was coming from and was telling me his version. We dated for 3 years got engaged married and the first time we made love our son was born. He get on my nerves but he is the one that I run to tell everything and he is my best friend .

karing4elmas

Answer by karing4elmas at 2:55 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• I just felt it in my heart the moment I saw him.
    jshimmy

Answer by jshimmy at 3:41 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• We met online and clicked instantly. I commented on his profile, noting that it was very refreshing to see an intelligent man that knows how to spell and form complete sentences and isn't looking for a woman who will be on the go with him 24/7 doing things like skydiving, kayaking, etc. It was nice to see a full time dad who worked hard and put his kids first (since I was a full time mom who did the same). He replied that it was also nice to see a woman who said more than "wanna chat". We chatted that night, met in person the very next night and were looking forward to meeting, and were both completely hooked from the minute we laid eyes on each other. We kissed within the first 10 seconds and have been inseparable ever since and that was almost 4 years ago. And we're still as crazy about each other as that first night. We were married July 1, 2010 and have lived together most of our time together.
    KimPippin

Answer by KimPippin at 6:49 PM on Nov. 10, 2010