PS3 vs. XBox 360..

Anyone know anything about these? My hubby has a PS2 and a Wii, and has talked about wanting either a PS3 or XBox 360, but I'm not sure which one we should go with. I was thinking about getting it for him for Christmas or his Birthday but when I ask his friends which one they think he will like, it is split right down the middle. Since I don't play, I don't care, I just want to get him something that is good, that when our son gets older they can play together.

Erin_Jus

Asked by Erin_Jus at 2:12 PM on Nov. 10, 2010 in Entertainment

• I believe his PS2 games can be played on a PS3, that may be a good reason to go with that system. My DS has the 360, my SS has the PS3 - both boys think that the 360 has better games and add-on things.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 2:17 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• well they both have completely different games, so find out waht games he wants to play or usually does then get that one. like i prefer the 360 because they have my fave game. not because graphics or whatnot.
    momslikeme366

Answer by momslikeme366 at 2:14 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• you can play live with other ppl on the ps3 too, but imo the xbox 360 is more user friendly
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 2:32 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• i dont know does he help with chores and things to do. does he really play them like that or once in awhile
    gianna530

Answer by gianna530 at 7:25 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• That's a lot of gaming systems for a grown man!! I personally would not get him another. But, my son loves XBox 360. You can play live with other people around the world. He just got Hockey 2011 and really loves it.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:21 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• get him the xbox360 with kinect... AWESOME!!!!!!
    u can get xbox slim right now with kinect as the same as a regular xbox alone..
    youtube kinect .. no remotes to play games so simple my 4yo plays!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 3:54 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• He only plays the sports games...If he's gotta think to much into a game he won't play it..He loves the Nascar, NCAA, Madden type games.
    Erin_Jus

Comment by Erin_Jus (original poster) at 2:16 PM on Nov. 10, 2010

• At this point he does all the chores, becuase I'm on bed rest. He gets in his moods where he would rather play them than watch tv, or when we have the team parties (he plays/coaches on a few city league sports teams) it's fun for all the guys to get together and play. All men really are is taller boys anyway right? I was always told growing up that that only thing that changes as they get older is their toys become more expensive. Plus, when we have our son, I know he'll play (although by the time he's old enough I'm sure whatever I get will be old by then) Plus, when my nephews come over, it gives them something to do as well. So while yes, I would be getting it for my husband, it would serve many other purposes as well.
    Erin_Jus

Comment by Erin_Jus (original poster) at 9:39 AM on Nov. 11, 2010